Director Adrian Lyne turns the Fatal Attraction tables and presents a housewife (the luminous Lane) who cheats on her devoted husband (Gere) with a sketchy French hunk (Olivier Martinez). But said hunk is hardly a bunny boiler, and that’s where things get interesting. Here, the enemy is simply conscience, which makes for an earthy, claustrophobic story. Unfaithful is also so faithful to detail – a powder blue sweater as a symbol of penance, the reappearance of a snow globe – that you’ll never feel like you’re watching just for the performances.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Chad Lowe, Olivier Martinez; Director: Adrian Lyne; Author: William Broyles Jr., Susannah Grant; Release Date Wide: 05/10/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- Fox cancels The Mindy Project
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- 'Survivor' fan-voted 'Second Chance' season: Jeff Probst explains it all
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!