Director Adrian Lyne turns the Fatal Attraction tables and presents a housewife (the luminous Lane) who cheats on her devoted husband (Gere) with a sketchy French hunk (Olivier Martinez). But said hunk is hardly a bunny boiler, and that’s where things get interesting. Here, the enemy is simply conscience, which makes for an earthy, claustrophobic story. Unfaithful is also so faithful to detail – a powder blue sweater as a symbol of penance, the reappearance of a snow globe – that you’ll never feel like you’re watching just for the performances.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Chad Lowe, Olivier Martinez; Director: Adrian Lyne; Author: William Broyles Jr., Susannah Grant; Release Date Wide: 05/10/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!