Director Adrian Lyne turns the Fatal Attraction tables and presents a housewife (the luminous Lane) who cheats on her devoted husband (Gere) with a sketchy French hunk (Olivier Martinez). But said hunk is hardly a bunny boiler, and that’s where things get interesting. Here, the enemy is simply conscience, which makes for an earthy, claustrophobic story. Unfaithful is also so faithful to detail – a powder blue sweater as a symbol of penance, the reappearance of a snow globe – that you’ll never feel like you’re watching just for the performances.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Chad Lowe, Olivier Martinez; Director: Adrian Lyne; Author: William Broyles Jr., Susannah Grant; Release Date Wide: 05/10/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade