The comedy show at NYC’s Supper Club features a rotating cast of up-and-coming comedians, scantily clad dancers, and hip-hop DJs, as well as racy audience-participation segments best left undescribed in a family magazine. WHO’S LAUGHING Relying strictly on word of mouth, the high-energy program, which has been running since April, plays to sold-out crowds every Saturday night and recently attracted Julia Stiles, Rose McGowan, and Jerry O’Connell. COMIC RELIEF ”I don’t like the standard ‘Hey, you ever notice when…?’ type of comedian,” says host/creator (and former Wall Streeter) Jeff Beacher. ”The comedy world is freaking out about [the show] because it treats comedy as it should be treated – the comedians don’t get paid, they just want to get on that stage, play off the energy of the 1,200 people there.”
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!