Eastwood’s been playing the aging yet able cop/cowboy/astronaut for more than a decade now, but as a former FBI man coming back from a heart transplant to track a serial killer, he’s starting to test our patience. Part of the problem is Eastwood the director’s slow, steady pacing, which gives us too much time to consider the plot’s far-fetched contrivances – among them a romance with a thirtysomething waitress (Wanda De Jesus) whose sister was the hero’s heart donor and the killer’s most recent victim. Space Cowboys was more believable.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Wanda De Jesus, Clint Eastwood, Jeff Daniels, Anjelica Huston, Paul Rodriguez, Tina Lifford; Director: Clint Eastwood; Author: Brian Helgeland; Producer (person): Clint Eastwood; Release Date Wide: 08/09/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report