Eastwood’s been playing the aging yet able cop/cowboy/astronaut for more than a decade now, but as a former FBI man coming back from a heart transplant to track a serial killer, he’s starting to test our patience. Part of the problem is Eastwood the director’s slow, steady pacing, which gives us too much time to consider the plot’s far-fetched contrivances – among them a romance with a thirtysomething waitress (Wanda De Jesus) whose sister was the hero’s heart donor and the killer’s most recent victim. Space Cowboys was more believable.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Wanda De Jesus, Clint Eastwood, Jeff Daniels, Anjelica Huston, Paul Rodriguez, Tina Lifford; Director: Clint Eastwood; Author: Brian Helgeland; Producer (person): Clint Eastwood; Release Date Wide: 08/09/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!