Eastwood’s been playing the aging yet able cop/cowboy/astronaut for more than a decade now, but as a former FBI man coming back from a heart transplant to track a serial killer, he’s starting to test our patience. Part of the problem is Eastwood the director’s slow, steady pacing, which gives us too much time to consider the plot’s far-fetched contrivances – among them a romance with a thirtysomething waitress (Wanda De Jesus) whose sister was the hero’s heart donor and the killer’s most recent victim. Space Cowboys was more believable.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Wanda De Jesus, Clint Eastwood, Jeff Daniels, Anjelica Huston, Paul Rodriguez, Tina Lifford; Director: Clint Eastwood; Author: Brian Helgeland; Producer (person): Clint Eastwood; Release Date Wide: 08/09/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest