Despite the publisher’s assurance that the book is ”a true memoir,” Thompson – once the gonzo author-hero of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, now a parody of the same – strikes closer to the mark in proclaiming his slack sentences ”gibberish” and ”crude hashish ravings.” The political comments are rabid foamings; the anecdotes melt into useless freakishness. (Have you heard the one about an overturned Cadillac, two hookers, and a flock of sheep?) While a few reminiscences of run-ins with Johnny Law come within shouting distance of coherence, most whir gratingly away as Thompson weaves toward his crowning insight: ”I have the soul of a teenage girl in the body of an elderly dope fiend.”
Kingdom of Fear Despite the publisher's assurance that the book is ''a true memoir,'' Thompson -- once the gonzo author-hero of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, now a...Kingdom of FearNonfictionHunter S. Thompson Despite the publisher's assurance that the book is ''a true memoir,'' Thompson -- once the gonzo author-hero of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, now a...2003-01-10
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Hunter S. Thompson
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!