It’s as cop movie as a cop movie can be, yet this gritty, propulsive B movie pursues its own line of inquiry with an energy – and a tolerance for moral limbo – that sets it apart from the rest of the squad right from the jolting opening chase sequence. Ray Liotta (a wonder recently risen from the underworld of bad roles in bad movies) and Jason Patric play Samuel Beckett-worthy narcotics-division partners with blazing skill.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Ray Liotta, Chi McBride, Jason Patric, Busta Rhymes; Director: Joe Carnahan; Author: Joe Carnahan; Producer (person): Tom Cruise; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters