It’s as cop movie as a cop movie can be, yet this gritty, propulsive B movie pursues its own line of inquiry with an energy – and a tolerance for moral limbo – that sets it apart from the rest of the squad right from the jolting opening chase sequence. Ray Liotta (a wonder recently risen from the underworld of bad roles in bad movies) and Jason Patric play Samuel Beckett-worthy narcotics-division partners with blazing skill.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Ray Liotta, Chi McBride, Jason Patric, Busta Rhymes; Director: Joe Carnahan; Author: Joe Carnahan; Producer (person): Tom Cruise; Release Date Limited: 12/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 1; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- French train hero describes disarming gunman for Jimmy Fallon
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!