A clever, charming con man outwits police buffoons and pulls off a major heist. Don’t yawn yet – this time, it’s set in Ireland! Spacey unleashes a lovely brogue here (unlike movie wife Fiorentino, who sounds, um… Swedish?) and gives a nicely undercooked performance. But, boy oh boy, does this film not deserve it. The uninventive twists, inexplicable IRA subplots, and unbelievable deus ex machinas beg the question: Do they think we’re eejits? For a better take on the exact same material, see John Boorman’s ”The General.”
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Linda Fiorentino, Kevin Spacey, Helen Baxendale, Stephen Dillane, Colin Farrell, David Hayman, Peter Mullan; Director: Thaddeus O'Sullivan; Author: Gerard Stembridge; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!