A clever, charming con man outwits police buffoons and pulls off a major heist. Don’t yawn yet – this time, it’s set in Ireland! Spacey unleashes a lovely brogue here (unlike movie wife Fiorentino, who sounds, um… Swedish?) and gives a nicely undercooked performance. But, boy oh boy, does this film not deserve it. The uninventive twists, inexplicable IRA subplots, and unbelievable deus ex machinas beg the question: Do they think we’re eejits? For a better take on the exact same material, see John Boorman’s ”The General.”
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Linda Fiorentino, Kevin Spacey, Helen Baxendale, Stephen Dillane, Colin Farrell, David Hayman, Peter Mullan; Director: Thaddeus O'Sullivan; Author: Gerard Stembridge; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jimmy Kimmel's Baby Bachelorette contestants tell all
- Smash Mouth made an EDM song
- Seth Meyers to Bernie or Bust crowd: 'We don't have time for this'
- Man Booker Prize 2016 longlist revealed
- Michael Fassbender plays Frozen Blackjack with Jimmy Fallon
- Elizabeth Banks leads all-star a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years