A clever, charming con man outwits police buffoons and pulls off a major heist. Don’t yawn yet – this time, it’s set in Ireland! Spacey unleashes a lovely brogue here (unlike movie wife Fiorentino, who sounds, um… Swedish?) and gives a nicely undercooked performance. But, boy oh boy, does this film not deserve it. The uninventive twists, inexplicable IRA subplots, and unbelievable deus ex machinas beg the question: Do they think we’re eejits? For a better take on the exact same material, see John Boorman’s ”The General.”
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Linda Fiorentino, Kevin Spacey, Helen Baxendale, Stephen Dillane, Colin Farrell, David Hayman, Peter Mullan; Director: Thaddeus O'Sullivan; Author: Gerard Stembridge; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Netflix renews 'Grace and Frankie' for season 2
- One Direction teases 'different' post-Zayn album
- Jeff Goldblum's back on the set of 'Independence Day 2'
- Amy Schumer takes on Cosby rape allegations
- 'Aloha': Sony defends vs. critics
- Azealia Banks to make feature film debut in RZA's 'Coco'
- Taylor Swift saluted with 8-foot Lego portrait at U.K. resort
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!