A clever, charming con man outwits police buffoons and pulls off a major heist. Don’t yawn yet – this time, it’s set in Ireland! Spacey unleashes a lovely brogue here (unlike movie wife Fiorentino, who sounds, um… Swedish?) and gives a nicely undercooked performance. But, boy oh boy, does this film not deserve it. The uninventive twists, inexplicable IRA subplots, and unbelievable deus ex machinas beg the question: Do they think we’re eejits? For a better take on the exact same material, see John Boorman’s ”The General.”
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Linda Fiorentino, Kevin Spacey, Helen Baxendale, Stephen Dillane, Colin Farrell, David Hayman, Peter Mullan; Director: Thaddeus O'Sullivan; Author: Gerard Stembridge; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel
- Aaron Paul's wife sent him the sweetest birthday message