For anyone who doesn’t get FX (or couldn’t find it on their cable system), here’s your chance to catch Michael Chiklis’ Emmy-winning work as LAPD pit bull Vic Mackey. Watching the first 13 episodes allows viewers to appreciate not only the ex-”Commish”’s career-redefining performance but also the remarkable supporting roster, especially CCH Pounder as a no-BS detective and Michael Jace as a self-loathing gay rookie cop. And unlike many TV series’ DVD sets (such as HBO’s ”Sopranos” and ”Sex and the City” boxes), The Shield doesn’t skimp on extras: A commentary track supplements every episode, and you also get the entire regular cast’s audition tapes, as well as 17 deleted scenes with such provocative titles as ”Vic’s Breakdown” and ”Julien’s Blowjob.” Plus, you can peruse creator Shawn Ryan’s pilot script, which paradoxically describes Vic as ”intimidating yet personable.” I couldn’t have put it better myself.
The Shield: The Complete First SeasonFor anyone who doesn't get FX (or couldn't find it on their cable system), here's your chance to catch Michael Chiklis' Emmy-winning work as LAPD pit...The Shield: The Complete First SeasonUnratedFor anyone who doesn't get FX (or couldn't find it on their cable system), here's your chance to catch Michael Chiklis' Emmy-winning work as LAPD pit...2003-01-10
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!