Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock do nothing they haven’t done before – he’s foppish, she’s spunky, etc. But they’ve never done it together before, and the pairing in this piquant little love letter to a New York state of mind is inspired: As a rich, playboy land developer (that’s Grant) and a do-gooding lawyer (that’s Bullock), the two are as crisp as Jennifer Lopez and Ralph Fiennes are soggy in Maid in Manhattan.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant, Dana Ivey, Robert Klein, Alicia Witt; Director: Marc Lawrence; Author: Marc Lawrence; Release Date Wide: 12/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!