In Blue Crush, hottie head case Anne Marie (Kate Bosworth) struggles to get over her issues and win Hawaii’s pipe-surfing competition. It’s like a shallower, brighter ”8 Mile” for girls, except that Bosworth is no Eminem in the charisma department, and the subplots must have been brainstormed by a liquored-up teen focus group at the Maui Marriott: Rich, diarrhea-prone, African-American NFL stars trash hotel room, unnerving our surfer/maid heroine. Apologetic white NFL hunk (Matt Davis) then pays her for surfing lessons. She’s so stoked she sleeps with him! Still, there’s no denying that the unforgettable wave footage outshines the silly plot.
(Blue Crush: Photofest)
Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Sanoe Lake, Michelle Rodriguez, Mika Boorem, Matthew Davis, Faizon Love; Director: John Stockwell; Author: Lizzy Weiss; Producer (person): Brian Grazer; Release Date Wide: 08/16/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!
- 'New Girl' casts Anna George as Cece's mother for season 5
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save
- Jim Norton backs Trevor Noah: TIME essay
- Producer Jason Blum talks about the new Joel Edgerton-Jason Bateman thriller 'The Gift'