In Blue Crush, hottie head case Anne Marie (Kate Bosworth) struggles to get over her issues and win Hawaii’s pipe-surfing competition. It’s like a shallower, brighter ”8 Mile” for girls, except that Bosworth is no Eminem in the charisma department, and the subplots must have been brainstormed by a liquored-up teen focus group at the Maui Marriott: Rich, diarrhea-prone, African-American NFL stars trash hotel room, unnerving our surfer/maid heroine. Apologetic white NFL hunk (Matt Davis) then pays her for surfing lessons. She’s so stoked she sleeps with him! Still, there’s no denying that the unforgettable wave footage outshines the silly plot.
(Blue Crush: Photofest)
Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Sanoe Lake, Michelle Rodriguez, Mika Boorem, Matthew Davis, Faizon Love; Director: John Stockwell; Author: Lizzy Weiss; Producer (person): Brian Grazer; Release Date Wide: 08/16/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds’ daughter had cutest reaction to Super Bowl ad
- Get your first look at 'The Flash'-'Supergirl’ crossover
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds wants 9 daughters
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday