The ‘96 Broadway revival cast album remains the definitive treatment of Kander and Ebb’s riotously arch score. But this Chicago is close enough, with Catherine Zeta-Jones acquitting herself best among the novice belters, even sans leggy visual aids. If you found the movie ”Class”-less, the album restores that cut number, and adds some lesser non-film bonuses, too – like a Queen Latifah/Lil’ Kim/Macy Gray hip-hop update of ”Cell Block Tango,” mercifully left off the end credits but amusing enough here.
(Chicago: David James)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, John C. Reilly, Various Artists, Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bindi Irwin praises Ariel Winter's body confidence
- Garry Marshall's 'The Flamingo Kid' is going to be a stage musical
- Watch the exclusive teaser for 'Documentary Now!'
- Ice Cube to bring hip-hop 'Hollywood Squares' to VH1
- Mila Kunis bought her $90 wedding band on Etsy
- Director Edgar Wright shares his 1,000 favorite films
- Pink Floyd announce massive 27-disc collection covering 1965 to 1972
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?