The ‘96 Broadway revival cast album remains the definitive treatment of Kander and Ebb’s riotously arch score. But this Chicago is close enough, with Catherine Zeta-Jones acquitting herself best among the novice belters, even sans leggy visual aids. If you found the movie ”Class”-less, the album restores that cut number, and adds some lesser non-film bonuses, too – like a Queen Latifah/Lil’ Kim/Macy Gray hip-hop update of ”Cell Block Tango,” mercifully left off the end credits but amusing enough here.
(Chicago: David James)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, John C. Reilly, Various Artists, Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'
- Construction worker dies in 'Blade Runner' sequel set accident
- Jimmy Kimmel address Hillary Clinton pickle jar conspiracy
- Retta wears Donna's wedding dress in 'Parks and Rec' flashback photo
- 5 things to know about Lynda Carter, a real-life Wonder Woman