The ‘96 Broadway revival cast album remains the definitive treatment of Kander and Ebb’s riotously arch score. But this Chicago is close enough, with Catherine Zeta-Jones acquitting herself best among the novice belters, even sans leggy visual aids. If you found the movie ”Class”-less, the album restores that cut number, and adds some lesser non-film bonuses, too – like a Queen Latifah/Lil’ Kim/Macy Gray hip-hop update of ”Cell Block Tango,” mercifully left off the end credits but amusing enough here.
(Chicago: David James)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, John C. Reilly, Various Artists, Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- This is the most unlikely 'Shake It Off' cover yet
- What would Jason Statham think of playing Bond?
- Netflix clarifies rumors about ads on streaming service
- Ed Sheeran covers Limp Bizkit and heavy metal on 'Tonight Show'
- Iggy Azalea engaged to Nick Young
- Rob Kardashian didn't recognize Caitlyn Jenner
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'