A restless detective (Dorff) and a health inspector (McElhone) investigate the link between a website and a string of murders. The initial suspense quickly turns as exasperating as bad dial-up service. Gratuitous bloodshed, wooden performances by Dorff and McElhone, and an underdeveloped plot make for a sloppy homicidal chronicle from director William Malone (House on Haunted Hill). Not even Web geeks or horror fans keen on extravagant special effects are likely to find this a remotely scary domain.
Genre: Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Stephen Dorff, Udo Kier, Natascha McElhone, Stephen Rea; Director: William Malone; Author: Josephine Coyle, Moshe Diamant; Release Date Wide: 08/30/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox casts'True Blood' star Rob Kazinsky as Frankenstein monster
- Urban Cone teams up with Tove Lo for 'Come Back to Me' -- exclusive
- Suge Knight hospitalized: 'can't really see'
- Kelly Clarkson to tour with Pentatonix
- SXSW: Director Craig William Macneill talks about making a maniac in horror-thriller 'The Boy'
- Terrence Howard explains his 'Whaa?' moment at the Oscars
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Oliver Stone's 'Snowden': First Look