A restless detective (Dorff) and a health inspector (McElhone) investigate the link between a website and a string of murders. The initial suspense quickly turns as exasperating as bad dial-up service. Gratuitous bloodshed, wooden performances by Dorff and McElhone, and an underdeveloped plot make for a sloppy homicidal chronicle from director William Malone (House on Haunted Hill). Not even Web geeks or horror fans keen on extravagant special effects are likely to find this a remotely scary domain.
Genre: Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Stephen Dorff, Udo Kier, Natascha McElhone, Stephen Rea; Director: William Malone; Author: Josephine Coyle, Moshe Diamant; Release Date Wide: 08/30/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!