A restless detective (Dorff) and a health inspector (McElhone) investigate the link between a website and a string of murders. The initial suspense quickly turns as exasperating as bad dial-up service. Gratuitous bloodshed, wooden performances by Dorff and McElhone, and an underdeveloped plot make for a sloppy homicidal chronicle from director William Malone (House on Haunted Hill). Not even Web geeks or horror fans keen on extravagant special effects are likely to find this a remotely scary domain.
Genre: Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Stephen Dorff, Udo Kier, Natascha McElhone, Stephen Rea; Director: William Malone; Author: Josephine Coyle, Moshe Diamant; Release Date Wide: 08/30/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest