She’s been a pop crooner, an aerobics maven, and a clothing designer. Now Aussie Olivia Newton-John is a vintner. Joining the likes of director and winemaker Francis Ford Coppola, the singer-actress has added chardonnay and shiraz ($6.99, koalabluewines.com) to her Down Under-themed Koala Blue line. ”I knew nothing about winemaking before,” admits Newton-John. ”[But] wine is something everybody enjoys, and Australian wines have skyrocketed in the past few years. People are finally taking notice of Oz.” Oenophiles apparently agree – the shiraz performed well in a recent Wall Street Journal blind taste test. The former Pink Lady concurs: ”I lean toward the red. It won’t break the bank, but it will please everybody’s palate.” Sounds like somebody’s hopelessly devoted.
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'