She’s been a pop crooner, an aerobics maven, and a clothing designer. Now Aussie Olivia Newton-John is a vintner. Joining the likes of director and winemaker Francis Ford Coppola, the singer-actress has added chardonnay and shiraz ($6.99, koalabluewines.com) to her Down Under-themed Koala Blue line. ”I knew nothing about winemaking before,” admits Newton-John. ”[But] wine is something everybody enjoys, and Australian wines have skyrocketed in the past few years. People are finally taking notice of Oz.” Oenophiles apparently agree – the shiraz performed well in a recent Wall Street Journal blind taste test. The former Pink Lady concurs: ”I lean toward the red. It won’t break the bank, but it will please everybody’s palate.” Sounds like somebody’s hopelessly devoted.
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'
- ABC renews deal to broadcast the Oscars through 2028