She’s been a pop crooner, an aerobics maven, and a clothing designer. Now Aussie Olivia Newton-John is a vintner. Joining the likes of director and winemaker Francis Ford Coppola, the singer-actress has added chardonnay and shiraz ($6.99, koalabluewines.com) to her Down Under-themed Koala Blue line. ”I knew nothing about winemaking before,” admits Newton-John. ”[But] wine is something everybody enjoys, and Australian wines have skyrocketed in the past few years. People are finally taking notice of Oz.” Oenophiles apparently agree – the shiraz performed well in a recent Wall Street Journal blind taste test. The former Pink Lady concurs: ”I lean toward the red. It won’t break the bank, but it will please everybody’s palate.” Sounds like somebody’s hopelessly devoted.
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'