Even the subtitle seems like an apology for what’s offered up here: a silly, fish-out-of-water story about a bickering French couple who find themselves stranded in a small Nebraska town. At its best, Isn’t It Romantic strives to be a kind of Shakespearean romp complete with fools, lovers, and mistaken identities. But the fact that it’s penned by Hansen, the exquisite and thoughtful author of Atticus and Mariette in Ecstasy, is a little like Pavarotti covering the Backstreet Boys. You might hum along, but what a waste of talent.
Isn't It Romantic: An Entertainment Even the subtitle seems like an apology for what's offered up here: a silly, fish-out-of-water story about a bickering French couple who find...Isn't It Romantic: An EntertainmentFiction, RomanceRon Hansen Even the subtitle seems like an apology for what's offered up here: a silly, fish-out-of-water story about a bickering French couple who find...2003-01-17
Genre: Fiction, Romance; Author: Ron Hansen
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Arrow,' 'Flash' producer Greg Berlanti to helm 'Infinite Horizon' comic adaptation
- 'The D Train' co-directors share secrets on THAT Jack Black, James Marsden scene
- Joni Mitchell's friend appointed her temporary conservator
- Reese Witherspoon launches lifestyle site Draper James
- Drake stunts on remix of Fetty Wap cut 'My Way'
- Miguel faces lawsuit from victim of his failed Billboard Music Awards leap
- Syfy and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television developing 'Brave New World' series
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!