Could Jack Nicholson’s May-December romances be over, on screen at least? The lothario – who dated Helen Hunt in ”As Good as It Gets” and Lara Flynn Boyle in real life – is paired with women near his age in ”About Schmidt.” In the film, the 65-year-old is married to June Squibb, 67, and hot-tubs with a naked Kathy Bates, 54. And in an untitled film shooting later this year, he’ll send up his own image and fall for Diane Keaton, 57, who plays the mom of trophy girlfriend Amanda Peet. ”It may be surprising for people, but it’s highly refreshing,” says ”Schmidt” costar Howard Hesseman. ”There comes a point in the lives of all great actors where you act your age.” Meanwhile, don’t even raise the issue with Bates. ”Did you just call me a ‘senior woman’?” she snapped at the film’s L.A. premiere. ”All this stuff about age is bulls—!”
(About Schmidt: C. Barius)
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!