Could Jack Nicholson’s May-December romances be over, on screen at least? The lothario – who dated Helen Hunt in ”As Good as It Gets” and Lara Flynn Boyle in real life – is paired with women near his age in ”About Schmidt.” In the film, the 65-year-old is married to June Squibb, 67, and hot-tubs with a naked Kathy Bates, 54. And in an untitled film shooting later this year, he’ll send up his own image and fall for Diane Keaton, 57, who plays the mom of trophy girlfriend Amanda Peet. ”It may be surprising for people, but it’s highly refreshing,” says ”Schmidt” costar Howard Hesseman. ”There comes a point in the lives of all great actors where you act your age.” Meanwhile, don’t even raise the issue with Bates. ”Did you just call me a ‘senior woman’?” she snapped at the film’s L.A. premiere. ”All this stuff about age is bulls—!”
(About Schmidt: C. Barius)
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!