The buildup was worth it, but the builder may not be. Nearly 19 million tuned in to the Jan. 6 debut of Fox’s Joe Millionaire, in which 20 single gals vie for a ”tall, dark, handsome” guy they think has inherited $50 million. As the net reminds us, though, himbo (and ex-underwear model) Evan Marriott, 28 (above), earns a mere $19,000 a year as an L.A. construction worker. That’s odd, since the U.S. Department of Labor says the average California construction worker earns $42,000 a year. Real hard hats scoff at Marriott’s meager take: ”It’s just not possible,” says Massachusetts laborer John Sackett, 29. ”I guess he could be really bad with his hands, but you’d have to be really bad.” (Fox swears by the 19 G’s.)
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!