The buildup was worth it, but the builder may not be. Nearly 19 million tuned in to the Jan. 6 debut of Fox’s Joe Millionaire, in which 20 single gals vie for a ”tall, dark, handsome” guy they think has inherited $50 million. As the net reminds us, though, himbo (and ex-underwear model) Evan Marriott, 28 (above), earns a mere $19,000 a year as an L.A. construction worker. That’s odd, since the U.S. Department of Labor says the average California construction worker earns $42,000 a year. Real hard hats scoff at Marriott’s meager take: ”It’s just not possible,” says Massachusetts laborer John Sackett, 29. ”I guess he could be really bad with his hands, but you’d have to be really bad.” (Fox swears by the 19 G’s.)
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release