Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ”odor judge” is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man’s underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff’s ”portraits of unusual occupations.” Jennifer Kelley is a knife thrower’s assistant; she lived to tell the tale after her boss outlined her frame with eight steel hatchets in 30 seconds. Jeffrey Bleim dives for sunken golf balls; at least he makes roughly $60,000 a year for his trouble. They’re tough jobs but somebody’s got to do them. Schiff’s choices can be sophomoric – see the semen wrangler and the artificial inseminator, the Porta Potti serviceman and the pooper scooper, the male tampon tester and the female men’s room attendant – but she did spend 12 years all over the country compiling this smiley little book. Perhaps hers was the oddest job of all.
Odd Jobs Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...Odd JobsNonfictionNancy Rica Schiff Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...2003-01-17
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Rica Schiff
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!