Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ”odor judge” is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man’s underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff’s ”portraits of unusual occupations.” Jennifer Kelley is a knife thrower’s assistant; she lived to tell the tale after her boss outlined her frame with eight steel hatchets in 30 seconds. Jeffrey Bleim dives for sunken golf balls; at least he makes roughly $60,000 a year for his trouble. They’re tough jobs but somebody’s got to do them. Schiff’s choices can be sophomoric – see the semen wrangler and the artificial inseminator, the Porta Potti serviceman and the pooper scooper, the male tampon tester and the female men’s room attendant – but she did spend 12 years all over the country compiling this smiley little book. Perhaps hers was the oddest job of all.
Odd Jobs Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...Odd JobsNonfictionNancy Rica Schiff Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...2003-01-17
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Rica Schiff
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pokémon Go' gets the Honest Trailer treatment
- Radiohead played 'Let Down' for first time in a decade
- James Corden's parents cover WWE Monday Night Raw
- Shonda Rhimes on 'Scandal': 'I never said this was the final season'
- Morrissey reveals world tour dates
- Billy Ray Cyrus comedy 'Still the King' renewed by CMT
- Cartoon Hillary Clinton pokes fun of DNC drama with Stephen Colbert
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years