Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ”odor judge” is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man’s underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff’s ”portraits of unusual occupations.” Jennifer Kelley is a knife thrower’s assistant; she lived to tell the tale after her boss outlined her frame with eight steel hatchets in 30 seconds. Jeffrey Bleim dives for sunken golf balls; at least he makes roughly $60,000 a year for his trouble. They’re tough jobs but somebody’s got to do them. Schiff’s choices can be sophomoric – see the semen wrangler and the artificial inseminator, the Porta Potti serviceman and the pooper scooper, the male tampon tester and the female men’s room attendant – but she did spend 12 years all over the country compiling this smiley little book. Perhaps hers was the oddest job of all.
Odd Jobs Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...Odd JobsNonfictionNancy Rica Schiff Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...2003-01-17
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Rica Schiff
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'