Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ”odor judge” is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man’s underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff’s ”portraits of unusual occupations.” Jennifer Kelley is a knife thrower’s assistant; she lived to tell the tale after her boss outlined her frame with eight steel hatchets in 30 seconds. Jeffrey Bleim dives for sunken golf balls; at least he makes roughly $60,000 a year for his trouble. They’re tough jobs but somebody’s got to do them. Schiff’s choices can be sophomoric – see the semen wrangler and the artificial inseminator, the Porta Potti serviceman and the pooper scooper, the male tampon tester and the female men’s room attendant – but she did spend 12 years all over the country compiling this smiley little book. Perhaps hers was the oddest job of all.
Odd Jobs Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...Odd JobsNonfictionNancy Rica Schiff Betty Lyons smells armpits; the ''odor judge'' is seen sternly sniffing a shirtless man's underarm on the cover of photographer Schiff's ''portraits...2003-01-17
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Rica Schiff
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages