It’s about time a hipster hotel popped up in Hollywood North, a.k.a. Vancouver. GUEST LIST Open since mid-September, OPUS has been the place to stay for X2’s Alan Cumming, Anna Paquin, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. ROOM SERVICE While plenty of hotels lay out plush bathrobes and CD players, the 97-room OPUS offers quarters reflecting the tastes of five ”muses.” Each fictitious muse – from Billy the British filmmaker to Dede the Los Angeles Method actress – has his or her own room style, ranging from $115 per night. ”For each character, we looked at what they liked, what they buy, where they vacation, and from there decided how their room should look,” says general manager David Curell of the fantasy clientele. ROOM AT THE TOP ”Right now we’re getting a lot of requests for Dede’s package [$470],” says Curell. ”I guess people like rooms with animal prints and faux fur.”
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!