It’s about time a hipster hotel popped up in Hollywood North, a.k.a. Vancouver. GUEST LIST Open since mid-September, OPUS has been the place to stay for X2’s Alan Cumming, Anna Paquin, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. ROOM SERVICE While plenty of hotels lay out plush bathrobes and CD players, the 97-room OPUS offers quarters reflecting the tastes of five ”muses.” Each fictitious muse – from Billy the British filmmaker to Dede the Los Angeles Method actress – has his or her own room style, ranging from $115 per night. ”For each character, we looked at what they liked, what they buy, where they vacation, and from there decided how their room should look,” says general manager David Curell of the fantasy clientele. ROOM AT THE TOP ”Right now we’re getting a lot of requests for Dede’s package [$470],” says Curell. ”I guess people like rooms with animal prints and faux fur.”
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade