It’s about time a hipster hotel popped up in Hollywood North, a.k.a. Vancouver. GUEST LIST Open since mid-September, OPUS has been the place to stay for X2’s Alan Cumming, Anna Paquin, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. ROOM SERVICE While plenty of hotels lay out plush bathrobes and CD players, the 97-room OPUS offers quarters reflecting the tastes of five ”muses.” Each fictitious muse – from Billy the British filmmaker to Dede the Los Angeles Method actress – has his or her own room style, ranging from $115 per night. ”For each character, we looked at what they liked, what they buy, where they vacation, and from there decided how their room should look,” says general manager David Curell of the fantasy clientele. ROOM AT THE TOP ”Right now we’re getting a lot of requests for Dede’s package [$470],” says Curell. ”I guess people like rooms with animal prints and faux fur.”
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!