It’s about time a hipster hotel popped up in Hollywood North, a.k.a. Vancouver. GUEST LIST Open since mid-September, OPUS has been the place to stay for X2’s Alan Cumming, Anna Paquin, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. ROOM SERVICE While plenty of hotels lay out plush bathrobes and CD players, the 97-room OPUS offers quarters reflecting the tastes of five ”muses.” Each fictitious muse – from Billy the British filmmaker to Dede the Los Angeles Method actress – has his or her own room style, ranging from $115 per night. ”For each character, we looked at what they liked, what they buy, where they vacation, and from there decided how their room should look,” says general manager David Curell of the fantasy clientele. ROOM AT THE TOP ”Right now we’re getting a lot of requests for Dede’s package [$470],” says Curell. ”I guess people like rooms with animal prints and faux fur.”
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...