It’s about time a hipster hotel popped up in Hollywood North, a.k.a. Vancouver. GUEST LIST Open since mid-September, OPUS has been the place to stay for X2’s Alan Cumming, Anna Paquin, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. ROOM SERVICE While plenty of hotels lay out plush bathrobes and CD players, the 97-room OPUS offers quarters reflecting the tastes of five ”muses.” Each fictitious muse – from Billy the British filmmaker to Dede the Los Angeles Method actress – has his or her own room style, ranging from $115 per night. ”For each character, we looked at what they liked, what they buy, where they vacation, and from there decided how their room should look,” says general manager David Curell of the fantasy clientele. ROOM AT THE TOP ”Right now we’re getting a lot of requests for Dede’s package [$470],” says Curell. ”I guess people like rooms with animal prints and faux fur.”
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt