Actually, the volume collects seven cases from the files of L.A.’s amateur PI Ezekiel ”Easy” Rawlins, but who’s counting? Arranged chronologically and linked thematically, the stories amount to more than the sum of their pieces. They’re packed with significant events – one major recurring character dies, another is resurrected, and Easy experiences severe turbulence in his romance with Air France stewardess Bonnie Shay. Mosley’s prose remains delectably hard-boiled: ”Inez was the color of pure chocolate. But if chocolate looked like her I’d have weighed a ton.” And after last year’s less-than-satisfying Rawlins novel ”Bad Boy Brawly Brown,” Six Easy Pieces marks an overdue return to solid storytelling form.
Six Easy Pieces Actually, the volume collects seven cases from the files of L.A.'s amateur PI Ezekiel ''Easy'' Rawlins, but who's counting? Arranged chronologically and ...Six Easy PiecesFictionWalter Mosley Actually, the volume collects seven cases from the files of L.A.'s amateur PI Ezekiel ''Easy'' Rawlins, but who's counting? Arranged chronologically and ...2003-01-17
Genre: Fiction; Author: Walter Mosley
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- Cary Fukunaga leaves Stephen King adaptation 'It,' production indefinitely delayed
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!