Thank goodness for asthmatic and/or diabetic kids: They’ve emerged as the dominant plot device for any self-respecting child-endangerment thriller. (Signs or Panic Room, anyone?) Still, Trapped manages to transcend its generic title: Bacon, playing a villainous kidnapper with a can’t-miss ransom scheme, once again redeems clunky dialogue with a from-the-gut performance; Theron makes a convincing anguished model – sorry, mom. There’s moderate bang for your buck here: It’s like watching the world’s most sleekly produced Lifetime movie.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Bacon, Courtney Love, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Gregory Bennett, Colleen Camp, Dakota Fanning, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Luis Mandoki; Author: Greg Iles; Release Date Wide: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!