Thank goodness for asthmatic and/or diabetic kids: They’ve emerged as the dominant plot device for any self-respecting child-endangerment thriller. (Signs or Panic Room, anyone?) Still, Trapped manages to transcend its generic title: Bacon, playing a villainous kidnapper with a can’t-miss ransom scheme, once again redeems clunky dialogue with a from-the-gut performance; Theron makes a convincing anguished model – sorry, mom. There’s moderate bang for your buck here: It’s like watching the world’s most sleekly produced Lifetime movie.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Bacon, Courtney Love, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Gregory Bennett, Colleen Camp, Dakota Fanning, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Luis Mandoki; Author: Greg Iles; Release Date Wide: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rutherford reunited with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!