Thank goodness for asthmatic and/or diabetic kids: They’ve emerged as the dominant plot device for any self-respecting child-endangerment thriller. (Signs or Panic Room, anyone?) Still, Trapped manages to transcend its generic title: Bacon, playing a villainous kidnapper with a can’t-miss ransom scheme, once again redeems clunky dialogue with a from-the-gut performance; Theron makes a convincing anguished model – sorry, mom. There’s moderate bang for your buck here: It’s like watching the world’s most sleekly produced Lifetime movie.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Bacon, Courtney Love, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Gregory Bennett, Colleen Camp, Dakota Fanning, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Luis Mandoki; Author: Greg Iles; Release Date Wide: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero previews the 'explosive' season premiere
- Blake Shelton announces 11-city 2016 tour
- The best Twitter reactions to the premiere of 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan navigate parenthood in new 'Catastrophe' trailer
- The 7 best pop culture references to Felicity's shocking haircut
- A quick guide to Nobel Prize winner Svetlana Alexievich's most noteworthy work
- Todrick Hall is Lady Gaga in new fabulous mashup