Thank goodness for asthmatic and/or diabetic kids: They’ve emerged as the dominant plot device for any self-respecting child-endangerment thriller. (Signs or Panic Room, anyone?) Still, Trapped manages to transcend its generic title: Bacon, playing a villainous kidnapper with a can’t-miss ransom scheme, once again redeems clunky dialogue with a from-the-gut performance; Theron makes a convincing anguished model – sorry, mom. There’s moderate bang for your buck here: It’s like watching the world’s most sleekly produced Lifetime movie.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Bacon, Courtney Love, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Gregory Bennett, Colleen Camp, Dakota Fanning, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Luis Mandoki; Author: Greg Iles; Release Date Wide: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50