Thank goodness for asthmatic and/or diabetic kids: They’ve emerged as the dominant plot device for any self-respecting child-endangerment thriller. (Signs or Panic Room, anyone?) Still, Trapped manages to transcend its generic title: Bacon, playing a villainous kidnapper with a can’t-miss ransom scheme, once again redeems clunky dialogue with a from-the-gut performance; Theron makes a convincing anguished model – sorry, mom. There’s moderate bang for your buck here: It’s like watching the world’s most sleekly produced Lifetime movie.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Bacon, Courtney Love, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Gregory Bennett, Colleen Camp, Dakota Fanning, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Luis Mandoki; Author: Greg Iles; Release Date Wide: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday