A mistaken-identity caper in which hitman Tim Allen delivers lines like ”Killing’s a business! The truth is they all deserved it.” The disappointment is not so much that Cletis lifts from everything from Cool Hand Luke to The Usual Suspects, it’s that the flick tries to pass off its plagiarism as homage via characters like Allen’s classic Hollywood-obsessed Critical Jim. Answer to the title question: Who cares?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tim Allen, Portia de Rossi, Christian Slater, Billy Connolly, Richard Dreyfuss, Rupaul; Director: Chris Ver Wiel; Author: Chris Ver Wiel; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!