A mistaken-identity caper in which hitman Tim Allen delivers lines like ”Killing’s a business! The truth is they all deserved it.” The disappointment is not so much that Cletis lifts from everything from Cool Hand Luke to The Usual Suspects, it’s that the flick tries to pass off its plagiarism as homage via characters like Allen’s classic Hollywood-obsessed Critical Jim. Answer to the title question: Who cares?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tim Allen, Portia de Rossi, Christian Slater, Billy Connolly, Richard Dreyfuss, Rupaul; Director: Chris Ver Wiel; Author: Chris Ver Wiel; Release Date Limited: 07/26/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'