A mistaken-identity caper in which hitman Tim Allen delivers lines like ”Killing’s a business! The truth is they all deserved it.” The disappointment is not so much that Cletis lifts from everything from Cool Hand Luke to The Usual Suspects, it’s that the flick tries to pass off its plagiarism as homage via characters like Allen’s classic Hollywood-obsessed Critical Jim. Answer to the title question: Who cares?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tim Allen, Portia de Rossi, Christian Slater, Billy Connolly, Richard Dreyfuss, Rupaul; Director: Chris Ver Wiel; Author: Chris Ver Wiel; Release Date Limited: 07/26/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted January 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hayley Atwell studied the Clintons for 'Conviction' role
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash