What bleak economy? Designers are using pricey baubles as if it were still boom time. In addition to Victoria’s Secret’s diamond bra and Stuart Weitzman’s $1 million Oscar shoe (this March, look for a starlet in his $2 million shoe), Levi’s has created $85,000 jeans. The diamond-and-ruby-decked jeans will be awarded to the Super Bowl viewer who – using clues revealed in a game-day spot and online – guesses their hiding place. ”We’re in a cut-velvet economy,” says Carey Adina Karmel, co-author of Stylemakers: Inside Fashion, of all the excess. ”There’s a real psychological need to go to the other extreme and indulge ourselves.” So that explains those J. Lo and Ben shopping sprees.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'