What bleak economy? Designers are using pricey baubles as if it were still boom time. In addition to Victoria’s Secret’s diamond bra and Stuart Weitzman’s $1 million Oscar shoe (this March, look for a starlet in his $2 million shoe), Levi’s has created $85,000 jeans. The diamond-and-ruby-decked jeans will be awarded to the Super Bowl viewer who – using clues revealed in a game-day spot and online – guesses their hiding place. ”We’re in a cut-velvet economy,” says Carey Adina Karmel, co-author of Stylemakers: Inside Fashion, of all the excess. ”There’s a real psychological need to go to the other extreme and indulge ourselves.” So that explains those J. Lo and Ben shopping sprees.
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' producer says NBC wanted 'zombie crime' procedural
- Watch Lady Gaga join Tame Impala on stage at FYF Fest
- Patton Oswalt to return to stand-up following wife’s death
- Mel B, Emma Bunton, and Geri Halliwell had a Spice Girls reunion
- 'The Flash' star Grant Gustin races Bradon Routh's son on set
- Box office report: 'Don't Breathe' inhales $26.1 million
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'