What bleak economy? Designers are using pricey baubles as if it were still boom time. In addition to Victoria’s Secret’s diamond bra and Stuart Weitzman’s $1 million Oscar shoe (this March, look for a starlet in his $2 million shoe), Levi’s has created $85,000 jeans. The diamond-and-ruby-decked jeans will be awarded to the Super Bowl viewer who – using clues revealed in a game-day spot and online – guesses their hiding place. ”We’re in a cut-velvet economy,” says Carey Adina Karmel, co-author of Stylemakers: Inside Fashion, of all the excess. ”There’s a real psychological need to go to the other extreme and indulge ourselves.” So that explains those J. Lo and Ben shopping sprees.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Who is Trevor Noah? He could be the next Daily Show host
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!