At The 29th Annual People’s Choice Awards, held Jan. 12 in Pasadena, onstage happenings (host Tony Danza’s rap debut and a slew of absentee winners, including Favorite Male Musical Performer Eminem) took a backseat to the backstage revelations. ”We let our girls play with our awards,” admitted Tim McGraw, whose wife, Faith Hill, was named fave female musical performer. ”They like to play Olympics and hand out our Grammy nomination medals.” In TV land, it turns out, the casts of CSI and CSI: Miami, which had dual wins, aren’t as combative as has been rumored. ”I just met David Caruso,” said CSI’s George Eads. ”It was nice.” And John Ritter, whose 8 Simple Rules won favorite new sitcom, offered his one simple rule for surviving awards shows: ”Wear loose-fitting boxers under your tuxedo.” Now there’s a smart choice.
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!