At The 29th Annual People’s Choice Awards, held Jan. 12 in Pasadena, onstage happenings (host Tony Danza’s rap debut and a slew of absentee winners, including Favorite Male Musical Performer Eminem) took a backseat to the backstage revelations. ”We let our girls play with our awards,” admitted Tim McGraw, whose wife, Faith Hill, was named fave female musical performer. ”They like to play Olympics and hand out our Grammy nomination medals.” In TV land, it turns out, the casts of CSI and CSI: Miami, which had dual wins, aren’t as combative as has been rumored. ”I just met David Caruso,” said CSI’s George Eads. ”It was nice.” And John Ritter, whose 8 Simple Rules won favorite new sitcom, offered his one simple rule for surviving awards shows: ”Wear loose-fitting boxers under your tuxedo.” Now there’s a smart choice.
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?