At The 29th Annual People’s Choice Awards, held Jan. 12 in Pasadena, onstage happenings (host Tony Danza’s rap debut and a slew of absentee winners, including Favorite Male Musical Performer Eminem) took a backseat to the backstage revelations. ”We let our girls play with our awards,” admitted Tim McGraw, whose wife, Faith Hill, was named fave female musical performer. ”They like to play Olympics and hand out our Grammy nomination medals.” In TV land, it turns out, the casts of CSI and CSI: Miami, which had dual wins, aren’t as combative as has been rumored. ”I just met David Caruso,” said CSI’s George Eads. ”It was nice.” And John Ritter, whose 8 Simple Rules won favorite new sitcom, offered his one simple rule for surviving awards shows: ”Wear loose-fitting boxers under your tuxedo.” Now there’s a smart choice.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!
- 'New Girl' casts Anna George as Cece's mother for season 5
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save