At The 29th Annual People’s Choice Awards, held Jan. 12 in Pasadena, onstage happenings (host Tony Danza’s rap debut and a slew of absentee winners, including Favorite Male Musical Performer Eminem) took a backseat to the backstage revelations. ”We let our girls play with our awards,” admitted Tim McGraw, whose wife, Faith Hill, was named fave female musical performer. ”They like to play Olympics and hand out our Grammy nomination medals.” In TV land, it turns out, the casts of CSI and CSI: Miami, which had dual wins, aren’t as combative as has been rumored. ”I just met David Caruso,” said CSI’s George Eads. ”It was nice.” And John Ritter, whose 8 Simple Rules won favorite new sitcom, offered his one simple rule for surviving awards shows: ”Wear loose-fitting boxers under your tuxedo.” Now there’s a smart choice.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- USA's 'Mr. Robot' to premiere online May 27 via EW, iTunes, Amazon, among others
- Director Amy Berg talks about the need for more female directors
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Scarlett Johansson do?
- James Taylor debuts Boston Red Sox song
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Let's talk latest shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist
- Kim Kardashian’s book of selfies is in good company
- Lauryn Hill apologizes to Nigerian fans with awesome acoustic performance
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!