Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy are newlyweds who travel through Europe, veering from one culture-clash disaster to the next. The joke is that it’s Kutcher who’s the spoiled, bratty princess; he plays to the teen female peanut gallery by becoming adorably unglued in one cute predicament after the next. For a while, this portrait of a Gen-Y ”starter marriage” is dumb fun, but it collapses into the most generic sort of teen movie-ville.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, Taran Killam, Monet Mazur; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Andrew Bergman, Sam Harper, Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 01/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Warm Blood' is an infectious electro-pop tune
- Ed Helms plays 'Shag, Marry, Kill': Former costar edition
- AMC releases first photo from 'Better Call Saul' season 2
- J.K. Rowling discovers her roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?' — exclusive
- 'The Leftovers' season 2 story twist revealed (bonus: less bleak)
- 'Fantastic Four' clips explore Reed Richards' past
- In defense of Chris Farley... underrated movie star
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!