Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy are newlyweds who travel through Europe, veering from one culture-clash disaster to the next. The joke is that it’s Kutcher who’s the spoiled, bratty princess; he plays to the teen female peanut gallery by becoming adorably unglued in one cute predicament after the next. For a while, this portrait of a Gen-Y ”starter marriage” is dumb fun, but it collapses into the most generic sort of teen movie-ville.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, Taran Killam, Monet Mazur; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Andrew Bergman, Sam Harper, Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 01/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!