Menno Meyjes’ provocative historical fantasy has the cheek to suggest that Adolf Hitler became a dictator because he failed as a painter. Noah Taylor plays the Nazi leader-to-be as a socially inept young man frustrated by the expectations placed on him by Max Rothman (John Cusack), an encouraging (fictional) Jewish art dealer.
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Cusack, Noah Taylor, Molly Parker, Paul Hipp, Leelee Sobieski, Ulrich Thomsen; Director: Menno Meyjes; Author: Menno Meyjes; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters