Menno Meyjes’ provocative historical fantasy has the cheek to suggest that Adolf Hitler became a dictator because he failed as a painter. Noah Taylor plays the Nazi leader-to-be as a socially inept young man frustrated by the expectations placed on him by Max Rothman (John Cusack), an encouraging (fictional) Jewish art dealer.
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Cusack, Noah Taylor, Molly Parker, Paul Hipp, Leelee Sobieski, Ulrich Thomsen; Director: Menno Meyjes; Author: Menno Meyjes; Release Date Limited: 12/27/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cyndi Lauper explains why she's not boycotting North Carolina
- Ariana Grande drops hot new song 'Into You'
- Seratones talk scuzzy debut: 'We have attitude problems'
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess': Why Xena and Gabrielle never got together
- RHCP, Alicia Keys: Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- Sharon Stone and James Corden make a rap video to help her find a date
- Kristen Bell opens up about dealing with depression and anxiety