Sure he can direct, but who knew Steven Spielberg was such a comedian? On Jan. 10, when he finally received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Catch Me if You Can director told EW he had no qualms about being trod upon. ”I’ve been stepping on my name for years,” he teased. ”I understand Nicole Kidman’s getting her star next to mine, but I would have actually liked to have been sandwiched between Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.” Wife Kate Capshaw joked she’ll bring the kids on ”field trips” to polish Daddy’s name. The big guy had a request: ”When you walk your dogs over my star, please bring the necessary clean-up apparatus – do doo-doo diligence!” At least DreamWorks partner Jeffrey Katzenberg is on task: ”I always clean up after my beautiful little dog, Ellie.”
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles