Sure he can direct, but who knew Steven Spielberg was such a comedian? On Jan. 10, when he finally received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Catch Me if You Can director told EW he had no qualms about being trod upon. ”I’ve been stepping on my name for years,” he teased. ”I understand Nicole Kidman’s getting her star next to mine, but I would have actually liked to have been sandwiched between Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.” Wife Kate Capshaw joked she’ll bring the kids on ”field trips” to polish Daddy’s name. The big guy had a request: ”When you walk your dogs over my star, please bring the necessary clean-up apparatus – do doo-doo diligence!” At least DreamWorks partner Jeffrey Katzenberg is on task: ”I always clean up after my beautiful little dog, Ellie.”
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ranking Shania Twain's 37 singles in honor of her 50th birthday
- 'It Follows' director responds to Tarantino's criticism
- Kelly Clarkson covers Dolly Parton's 'Jolene'
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' cast reveals the players they are surprised got voted in
- Why Kim Dickens almost turned down 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- 5 Seconds of Summer explain how Third Eye Blind influenced their new album
- Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith talk about renting porn in new book excerpt
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!