Sure he can direct, but who knew Steven Spielberg was such a comedian? On Jan. 10, when he finally received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Catch Me if You Can director told EW he had no qualms about being trod upon. ”I’ve been stepping on my name for years,” he teased. ”I understand Nicole Kidman’s getting her star next to mine, but I would have actually liked to have been sandwiched between Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.” Wife Kate Capshaw joked she’ll bring the kids on ”field trips” to polish Daddy’s name. The big guy had a request: ”When you walk your dogs over my star, please bring the necessary clean-up apparatus – do doo-doo diligence!” At least DreamWorks partner Jeffrey Katzenberg is on task: ”I always clean up after my beautiful little dog, Ellie.”
Posted January 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zane Lowe shares a soundtrack of his life
- 'Jane The Virgin' postmortem: Who's the new villain?
- Stephen Colbert unveils rejected TED talks on 'The Late Show'
- Gabrielle Union channels Rihanna for 'Musical Morning Announcements' on Fallon
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival