Here’s how ”American Idol” champ Kelly Clarkson describes her first movie: ”It’s ‘Grease’ on the beach.” And here’s how runner-up Justin Guarini puts it: ”It’s ‘Grease’ on the beach.” Let’s hope their duets are this harmonious. Though the subtitle plays up the stars’ reality-TV roots, ”J2K” is no documentary. ”[And] it isn’t like ‘Crossroads’ or ‘Glitter,”’ Clarkson says. ”It’s not about us trying to make it as recording artists. It just happens to be a musical.” A musical about two college students who meet during spring break and experience technical difficulties text-messaging each other. The plot had better not get any more complicated – though its release date is only two months away, the film is still shooting. ”Yeah, post[production] is gonna be so quick,” says Guarini. With the pair dancing and singing to new material penned by songwriters for Celine Dion and Enrique Iglesias, ”J2K” won’t stray too far from its stars’ talents. Even the 15-hour days haven’t fazed them. ”’American Idol’ seriously just set Justin and me up for life,” says Clarkson, ”because we think everything is just a piece of cake compared to that dang show.” (April 25)
Posted February 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!