Here’s how ”American Idol” champ Kelly Clarkson describes her first movie: ”It’s ‘Grease’ on the beach.” And here’s how runner-up Justin Guarini puts it: ”It’s ‘Grease’ on the beach.” Let’s hope their duets are this harmonious. Though the subtitle plays up the stars’ reality-TV roots, ”J2K” is no documentary. ”[And] it isn’t like ‘Crossroads’ or ‘Glitter,”’ Clarkson says. ”It’s not about us trying to make it as recording artists. It just happens to be a musical.” A musical about two college students who meet during spring break and experience technical difficulties text-messaging each other. The plot had better not get any more complicated – though its release date is only two months away, the film is still shooting. ”Yeah, post[production] is gonna be so quick,” says Guarini. With the pair dancing and singing to new material penned by songwriters for Celine Dion and Enrique Iglesias, ”J2K” won’t stray too far from its stars’ talents. Even the 15-hour days haven’t fazed them. ”’American Idol’ seriously just set Justin and me up for life,” says Clarkson, ”because we think everything is just a piece of cake compared to that dang show.” (April 25)
Posted February 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!