Mixing it up with a marsupial in the surprise hit Kangaroo Jack was familiar territory for Jerry O’Connell. The actor has been battling animals much of his life. Between his debut in 1986’s Stand by Me and the 1996 cockroach comedy Joe’s Apartment, he suffered a vicious dog attack that left a scar over his lip. ”For a couple years I had a pretty messed-up lip. I had a couple of reconstructive surgeries – yes, I’m admitting I’ve had plastic surgery!” While O’Connell says Jack is ”probably my best animal movie,” he is less charitable about his starring role in 2002’s straight-to-video turkey Buying the Cow. ”We had the premiere in front of a Blockbuster on Melrose,” he laughs. ”There were like four people there.”
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles
- See the same-sex romance that was deleted from 'Love Actually'
- Kurt Cobain makes first Billboard chart appearance as solo artist
- Cynthia Robinson, Sly and the Family Stone co-founder, dies at 69