Mixing it up with a marsupial in the surprise hit Kangaroo Jack was familiar territory for Jerry O’Connell. The actor has been battling animals much of his life. Between his debut in 1986’s Stand by Me and the 1996 cockroach comedy Joe’s Apartment, he suffered a vicious dog attack that left a scar over his lip. ”For a couple years I had a pretty messed-up lip. I had a couple of reconstructive surgeries – yes, I’m admitting I’ve had plastic surgery!” While O’Connell says Jack is ”probably my best animal movie,” he is less charitable about his starring role in 2002’s straight-to-video turkey Buying the Cow. ”We had the premiere in front of a Blockbuster on Melrose,” he laughs. ”There were like four people there.”
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'