Mixing it up with a marsupial in the surprise hit Kangaroo Jack was familiar territory for Jerry O’Connell. The actor has been battling animals much of his life. Between his debut in 1986’s Stand by Me and the 1996 cockroach comedy Joe’s Apartment, he suffered a vicious dog attack that left a scar over his lip. ”For a couple years I had a pretty messed-up lip. I had a couple of reconstructive surgeries – yes, I’m admitting I’ve had plastic surgery!” While O’Connell says Jack is ”probably my best animal movie,” he is less charitable about his starring role in 2002’s straight-to-video turkey Buying the Cow. ”We had the premiere in front of a Blockbuster on Melrose,” he laughs. ”There were like four people there.”
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!