Mixing it up with a marsupial in the surprise hit Kangaroo Jack was familiar territory for Jerry O’Connell. The actor has been battling animals much of his life. Between his debut in 1986’s Stand by Me and the 1996 cockroach comedy Joe’s Apartment, he suffered a vicious dog attack that left a scar over his lip. ”For a couple years I had a pretty messed-up lip. I had a couple of reconstructive surgeries – yes, I’m admitting I’ve had plastic surgery!” While O’Connell says Jack is ”probably my best animal movie,” he is less charitable about his starring role in 2002’s straight-to-video turkey Buying the Cow. ”We had the premiere in front of a Blockbuster on Melrose,” he laughs. ”There were like four people there.”
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...