Mixing it up with a marsupial in the surprise hit Kangaroo Jack was familiar territory for Jerry O’Connell. The actor has been battling animals much of his life. Between his debut in 1986’s Stand by Me and the 1996 cockroach comedy Joe’s Apartment, he suffered a vicious dog attack that left a scar over his lip. ”For a couple years I had a pretty messed-up lip. I had a couple of reconstructive surgeries – yes, I’m admitting I’ve had plastic surgery!” While O’Connell says Jack is ”probably my best animal movie,” he is less charitable about his starring role in 2002’s straight-to-video turkey Buying the Cow. ”We had the premiere in front of a Blockbuster on Melrose,” he laughs. ”There were like four people there.”
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!