A comedy full of false notes about being true to yourself. Hawn plays Suzette, a onetime rock groupie who still parties hard. Sarandon is Lavinia, her former ”Banger Sister,” who married money and raised a picture-perfect family. Soon after seeing Suzette for the first time in 20 years, Lavinia’s flinging dinner at her husband, chopping off her hair, and shaking her booty again. But that’s how Suzette affects everyone – including a failed, suicidal screenwriter (Geoffrey Rush) who becomes manically inspired after one round with a Banger. Hawn hasn’t seemed such a forced force of nature since ‘Butterflies Are Free.’
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Goldie Hawn, Susan Sarandon, Eva Amurri, Erika Christensen, Robin Thomas, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Bob Dolman; Author: Bob Dolman; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Ice Cube's son really got his breakout role in 'Straight Outta Compton'
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actor nominees
- Jason Bateman is suspicious of Joel Edgerton in exclusive clip of 'The Gift'
- 'X-Men' alum Famke Janssen joins 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Bottoms up! Here's your 'Bachelor in Paradise' drinking game
- New Dirk Gently TV show in the works from Chronicle writer
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt try Snapchat for the first time
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!