A comedy full of false notes about being true to yourself. Hawn plays Suzette, a onetime rock groupie who still parties hard. Sarandon is Lavinia, her former ”Banger Sister,” who married money and raised a picture-perfect family. Soon after seeing Suzette for the first time in 20 years, Lavinia’s flinging dinner at her husband, chopping off her hair, and shaking her booty again. But that’s how Suzette affects everyone – including a failed, suicidal screenwriter (Geoffrey Rush) who becomes manically inspired after one round with a Banger. Hawn hasn’t seemed such a forced force of nature since ‘Butterflies Are Free.’
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Goldie Hawn, Susan Sarandon, Eva Amurri, Erika Christensen, Robin Thomas, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Bob Dolman; Author: Bob Dolman; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt