The owner’s manual for the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine is a masterpiece of the form. The ”how to use” section runs less than a page; the ”safeguards” warnings are quick; the rest is recipes (e.g., ”The Champ’s Sausage Without Guilt”). Its user-friendliness bodes well for his Guide to Life. At 124 pages, his how-to is lean but not mean to a fault, as he offers frozen patties of breaded wisdom like ”If it can be dreamed, it can be done!” and ”The buck stops with you!” Remember the When We Were Kings days when George was scary? However inspiring his newfound good cheer, finally, his Guide to Life’s worst feature is his grill manual’s best: It’s kind of unnecessary.
George Foreman's Guide to Life The owner's manual for the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine is a masterpiece of the form. The ''how to use'' section runs less...George Foreman's Guide to LifeNonfictionGeorge Foreman The owner's manual for the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine is a masterpiece of the form. The ''how to use'' section runs less...2003-02-07
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: George Foreman; Status: In Season
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!