We know what you’re thinking: Nada Surf? Aren’t they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same Brooklyn-based trio responsible for 1996’s quirky ”Popular,” Let Go (Barsuk) couldn’t sound any more different from that spoken-word fluke. Instead, it collects a dozen near-perfect pop songs, each one teeming with joyful desperation. ”Let Go” begins with the crisp acoustic drama ”Blizzard of ‘77” – surely one of the starkest album openers ever – and runs through an equal amount of slow-speed beauties (such as the pensive gem ”Blonde on Blonde”) and highly charged rockers (the wiry ”Happy Kid”); all the while, singer-guitarist Matthew Caws wraps his vocals around flypaper-sticky hooks. It’s a comeback effort that grows more popular with each spin.
Let Go (Music - Nada Surf)We know what you're thinking: Nada Surf? Aren't they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same...Let Go (Music - Nada Surf)We know what you're thinking: Nada Surf? Aren't they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same...2003-02-07
Producer (group): Barsuk
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts 'The Martian' promo
- 6 new things we know about Janet Jackson's 'Unbreakable'
- Tom Hardy demonstrates his lip sync skills with Dubsmash
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!