We know what you’re thinking: Nada Surf? Aren’t they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same Brooklyn-based trio responsible for 1996’s quirky ”Popular,” Let Go (Barsuk) couldn’t sound any more different from that spoken-word fluke. Instead, it collects a dozen near-perfect pop songs, each one teeming with joyful desperation. ”Let Go” begins with the crisp acoustic drama ”Blizzard of ‘77” – surely one of the starkest album openers ever – and runs through an equal amount of slow-speed beauties (such as the pensive gem ”Blonde on Blonde”) and highly charged rockers (the wiry ”Happy Kid”); all the while, singer-guitarist Matthew Caws wraps his vocals around flypaper-sticky hooks. It’s a comeback effort that grows more popular with each spin.
Let Go (Music - Nada Surf)We know what you're thinking: Nada Surf? Aren't they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same...Let Go (Music - Nada Surf)We know what you're thinking: Nada Surf? Aren't they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same...2003-02-07
Producer (group): Barsuk
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!