We know what you’re thinking: Nada Surf? Aren’t they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same Brooklyn-based trio responsible for 1996’s quirky ”Popular,” Let Go (Barsuk) couldn’t sound any more different from that spoken-word fluke. Instead, it collects a dozen near-perfect pop songs, each one teeming with joyful desperation. ”Let Go” begins with the crisp acoustic drama ”Blizzard of ‘77” – surely one of the starkest album openers ever – and runs through an equal amount of slow-speed beauties (such as the pensive gem ”Blonde on Blonde”) and highly charged rockers (the wiry ”Happy Kid”); all the while, singer-guitarist Matthew Caws wraps his vocals around flypaper-sticky hooks. It’s a comeback effort that grows more popular with each spin.
Let Go (Music - Nada Surf)We know what you're thinking: Nada Surf? Aren't they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same...Let Go (Music - Nada Surf)We know what you're thinking: Nada Surf? Aren't they the guys who had a hit single, like, seven years ago? Well, yes and no. While this is the same...2003-02-07
Producer (group): Barsuk
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!