Pattern Recognition’s Cayce Pollard is a master trendspotter, a ”coolhunter.” But instead of eyeing the latest shoe craze, she’s hired to trace the source of some film clips that are leaking onto the Web and gaining a cult following bigger than ”The Blair Witch Project”’s. After wending through a network of antique-calculator collectors in London, a mouth breather in Tokyo, and double agents from a German graphic-design firm, Cayce discovers that the hunt is as meaningful as the prey. And readers too may find that her journey to uncover ”the maker” is more exciting than its final destination. ”Pattern”’s far-out ideas and densely worded sentences bear William Gibson’s unmistakable imprimatur; in his eighth outing, the author, who invented the future with ”Neuromancer,” shows he’s just as skilled at seeing the present.
Pattern RecognitionPattern Recognition's Cayce Pollard is a master trendspotter, a ''coolhunter.'' But instead of eyeing the latest shoe craze, she's hired to trace...Pattern RecognitionFictionWilliam GibsonPattern Recognition's Cayce Pollard is a master trendspotter, a ''coolhunter.'' But instead of eyeing the latest shoe craze, she's hired to trace...2003-02-07Putnam
Genre: Fiction; Author: William Gibson; Publisher: Putnam
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Are 'The Revenant' and other Christmas releases at risk of losing SAG voters
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!