Pattern Recognition’s Cayce Pollard is a master trendspotter, a ”coolhunter.” But instead of eyeing the latest shoe craze, she’s hired to trace the source of some film clips that are leaking onto the Web and gaining a cult following bigger than ”The Blair Witch Project”’s. After wending through a network of antique-calculator collectors in London, a mouth breather in Tokyo, and double agents from a German graphic-design firm, Cayce discovers that the hunt is as meaningful as the prey. And readers too may find that her journey to uncover ”the maker” is more exciting than its final destination. ”Pattern”’s far-out ideas and densely worded sentences bear William Gibson’s unmistakable imprimatur; in his eighth outing, the author, who invented the future with ”Neuromancer,” shows he’s just as skilled at seeing the present.
Pattern RecognitionPattern Recognition's Cayce Pollard is a master trendspotter, a ''coolhunter.'' But instead of eyeing the latest shoe craze, she's hired to trace...Pattern RecognitionFictionWilliam GibsonPattern Recognition's Cayce Pollard is a master trendspotter, a ''coolhunter.'' But instead of eyeing the latest shoe craze, she's hired to trace...2003-02-07Putnam
Genre: Fiction; Author: William Gibson; Publisher: Putnam
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'