For a spicy dishfest on the restaurant biz, read Anthony Bourdain’s Kitchen Confidential. For a less shocking but equally savory slice of epicurean life, read this memoir from the woman behind the man at Connecticut’s Metro Bis. While hubby Chris Prosperi slices, dices, and generally inspires gastronomic awe, she tackles payroll, staffing, and other unglamorous tasks you won’t find on the Food Network. A former finicky eater-turned-vegetarian whose culinary skills culminate in microwave grilled cheese, Febbroriello uses her insider’s angle not to glorify but to demystify: ”A restaurant is often compared to a theater. The audience/diners never see behind the curtain.” Turns out it’s quite a drama.
Wife of the Chef For a spicy dishfest on the restaurant biz, read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. For a less shocking but equally savory slice of epicurean...Wife of the Chef For a spicy dishfest on the restaurant biz, read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. For a less shocking but equally savory slice of epicurean...2003-02-07
Posted February 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday