A snowed-in country house, a man with a knife in his back, and eight women – from the cheating wife (Deneuve) to the naughty chambermaid (Emmanuelle Beart) – all with motive and opportunity for murder. The most delicious thing about Francois Ozon’s Sirk-on-acid whodunit may be that despite a through-the-roof camp factor (by the way, it’s also a musical), the actresses inhabit the melodrama rather than just give it a wink. Which makes Deneuve and Ardant’s catfight-turned-kiss sorta mind-blowing.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Emmanuelle Beart, Danielle Darrieux, Catherine Deneuve, Fanny Ardant, Firmine Richard, Isabelle Huppert, Virginie Ledoyen, Ludivine Sagnier, Dominique Lamure; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Marina de Van, Francois Ozon; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal Focus
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Shepard Fairey's poster for Michael Moore's 'Where To Invade Next'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: George Lopez has 'white-man problems' in 'Lopez'
- Lena Dunham opens up about endometriosis in Facebook post
- #OscarsSoWhite: Sylvester Stallone was ready to boycott Academy Awards
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Cuba Gooding Jr. on 'ACS'
- Maroon 5 respond to Taraji P. Henson confusing them with Coldplay
- Rick Rubin is producing a 'Star Wars'-inspired album