A snowed-in country house, a man with a knife in his back, and eight women – from the cheating wife (Deneuve) to the naughty chambermaid (Emmanuelle Beart) – all with motive and opportunity for murder. The most delicious thing about Francois Ozon’s Sirk-on-acid whodunit may be that despite a through-the-roof camp factor (by the way, it’s also a musical), the actresses inhabit the melodrama rather than just give it a wink. Which makes Deneuve and Ardant’s catfight-turned-kiss sorta mind-blowing.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Emmanuelle Beart, Danielle Darrieux, Catherine Deneuve, Fanny Ardant, Firmine Richard, Isabelle Huppert, Virginie Ledoyen, Ludivine Sagnier, Dominique Lamure; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Marina de Van, Francois Ozon; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal Focus
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago P.D.' actor Jon Seda is headed to 'Chicago Justice'
- Eminem, Fergie, KISS among musicians designing NFL team T-shirts
- 'Vanderpump Rules' season 5 trailer: Schwartz wedding full of tears, trauma
- 'Hamilton's America': Lin-Manuel Miranda on the real Hamilton
- 'Fast & Furious' director Justin Lin to helm 'Hot Wheels' film
- 'Italian Job' TV series in the works at NBC
- 'NCIS' cast, Michael Weatherly mourn late producer Gary Glasberg