Cinematic hits and misses weren’t the only hot topics at Sundance 2003. Swag, the freebies lavished on a select few, also caused a stir, with festival attendees hopping from party to party hoping to snag the best loot. Booty ranged from items like the official Sundance DUCTI wallet (made from duct tape), to eco-maestro Danny Seo’s ”Fur Free” ski hats and accessories (sported by Mena Suvari and Zooey Deschanel), to Xboxes (Tatum O’Neal scored two for her sons) and extravagant gift bags. Hope Davis oohed and ahhed over Self magazine’s sporty red yoga-kit sack, but no satchel was as coveted as the Sundance Channel’s brown suede Kenneth Cole duffel stuffed with $3,000 worth of goodies, including a year’s membership to Crunch Fitness. ”We wanted to give the indie filmmakers something lighthearted and entertaining [to] soothe their stress,” says Sundance Channel marketing VP Kirk Iwanowski. For some, the bags were all about regifting. ”My relatives will be getting most of this,” confided festival goer and Spun star John Leguizamo. ”Swag: s – - we all get. That’s what it stands for.”
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Cat Power will narrate the Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis'
- Niles Rodgers talks making 'cool as s--t' music with Beck
- Brie Larson's 'Room' gets October release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!