Cinematic hits and misses weren’t the only hot topics at Sundance 2003. Swag, the freebies lavished on a select few, also caused a stir, with festival attendees hopping from party to party hoping to snag the best loot. Booty ranged from items like the official Sundance DUCTI wallet (made from duct tape), to eco-maestro Danny Seo’s ”Fur Free” ski hats and accessories (sported by Mena Suvari and Zooey Deschanel), to Xboxes (Tatum O’Neal scored two for her sons) and extravagant gift bags. Hope Davis oohed and ahhed over Self magazine’s sporty red yoga-kit sack, but no satchel was as coveted as the Sundance Channel’s brown suede Kenneth Cole duffel stuffed with $3,000 worth of goodies, including a year’s membership to Crunch Fitness. ”We wanted to give the indie filmmakers something lighthearted and entertaining [to] soothe their stress,” says Sundance Channel marketing VP Kirk Iwanowski. For some, the bags were all about regifting. ”My relatives will be getting most of this,” confided festival goer and Spun star John Leguizamo. ”Swag: s – - we all get. That’s what it stands for.”
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!