Cinematic hits and misses weren’t the only hot topics at Sundance 2003. Swag, the freebies lavished on a select few, also caused a stir, with festival attendees hopping from party to party hoping to snag the best loot. Booty ranged from items like the official Sundance DUCTI wallet (made from duct tape), to eco-maestro Danny Seo’s ”Fur Free” ski hats and accessories (sported by Mena Suvari and Zooey Deschanel), to Xboxes (Tatum O’Neal scored two for her sons) and extravagant gift bags. Hope Davis oohed and ahhed over Self magazine’s sporty red yoga-kit sack, but no satchel was as coveted as the Sundance Channel’s brown suede Kenneth Cole duffel stuffed with $3,000 worth of goodies, including a year’s membership to Crunch Fitness. ”We wanted to give the indie filmmakers something lighthearted and entertaining [to] soothe their stress,” says Sundance Channel marketing VP Kirk Iwanowski. For some, the bags were all about regifting. ”My relatives will be getting most of this,” confided festival goer and Spun star John Leguizamo. ”Swag: s – - we all get. That’s what it stands for.”
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday