A motorcycle re-spin of The Fast and the Furious that also happens to be a much better movie. Derek Luke, the intense young star of Antwone Fisher, sports a shaved head and a look of troubled sleekness to play the loyal and earnest Kid, who has lost his father in a freak racing accident. Kid forms his own club, the multiethnic Biker Boyz, and then spends the rest of the film trying to win a race with Smoke (Laurence Fishburne), a middle-aged speedster king who’s at once his rival and role model. The great Fishburne is a wizard at conjuring mystique, whether he’s staring down the upstart Kid or eating Kid Rock, as a scrungy fellow racer, for breakfast.
Genre: Drama, Sports; Starring: Laurence Fishburne, Brendan Fehr, Orlando Jones, Derek Luke; Guest Performer: Kid Rock; Director: Reggie Rock Bythewood; Author: Reggie Rock Bythewood, Craig Fernandez, Michael Gougis; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels