A motorcycle re-spin of The Fast and the Furious that also happens to be a much better movie. Derek Luke, the intense young star of Antwone Fisher, sports a shaved head and a look of troubled sleekness to play the loyal and earnest Kid, who has lost his father in a freak racing accident. Kid forms his own club, the multiethnic Biker Boyz, and then spends the rest of the film trying to win a race with Smoke (Laurence Fishburne), a middle-aged speedster king who’s at once his rival and role model. The great Fishburne is a wizard at conjuring mystique, whether he’s staring down the upstart Kid or eating Kid Rock, as a scrungy fellow racer, for breakfast.
Genre: Drama, Sports; Starring: Laurence Fishburne, Brendan Fehr, Orlando Jones, Derek Luke; Guest Performer: Kid Rock; Director: Reggie Rock Bythewood; Author: Reggie Rock Bythewood, Craig Fernandez, Michael Gougis; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?