For ’80s buffs looking to recall the heyday of the brain, the beauty, the jock, and the rebel, Universal Studios has introduced a line of shirts inspired by Brat Pack flicks The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles – ”two classics that teens still love today,” notes Universal marketing’s Tim Rothwell. Emblazoned with such images as Anthony Michael Hall pleading with Molly Ringwald, ”Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?” the tops (at Hot Topic stores and hottopic.com, $19) have attracted nostalgia-loving celebs such as Juliette Lewis and Brooke Burke. Next up: Back to the Future shirts. Go, McFly!
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- You've got to be 'shipping me: Norma and Romero on 'Bates Motel'
- Orson Welles turns 100: How to become an expert in seven easy steps
- Meet the guys who invented the musical in Broadway’s 'Something Rotten!'
- Taylor Momsen: 'Gossip Girl' turned rock queen
- Miguel announces release date for new album 'Wildheart'
- Jon Hamm takes lead in Tony Gilroy's 'High Wire Act'
- 'Big Bang Theory' finale: Is someone going to break up?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!