For ’80s buffs looking to recall the heyday of the brain, the beauty, the jock, and the rebel, Universal Studios has introduced a line of shirts inspired by Brat Pack flicks The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles – ”two classics that teens still love today,” notes Universal marketing’s Tim Rothwell. Emblazoned with such images as Anthony Michael Hall pleading with Molly Ringwald, ”Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?” the tops (at Hot Topic stores and hottopic.com, $19) have attracted nostalgia-loving celebs such as Juliette Lewis and Brooke Burke. Next up: Back to the Future shirts. Go, McFly!
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity
- 'The Knick' star Eric Johnson joins 'Fifty Shades' sequel