As all the griping that met its theatrical release underscored, director Guy Ritchie’s Swept Away, a remake of the 1975 castaway romance, is far from perfect. Still, it offers more than enough amore, yuks, and skin to fill a piddling hour and a half. (It looks great, too.) As for Mrs. Ritchie’s popularly denigrated portrayal of a bikini-clad shrew who’s tamed by, among other things, some seaside S&M and a flying octopus, the ”Snatch” vet gets it about right on his DVD commentary: ”Madonna’s f—ing good in this.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adriano Giannini, Madonna, Elizabeth Banks, Bruce Greenwood, Jeanne Tripplehorn; Director: Guy Ritchie; Author: Guy Ritchie; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted February 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?