Dylan’s song, ”Cross the Green Mountain” for the Civil War pic ”Gods and Generals” reflects on mortality, like 1997’s ”Time Out of Mind,” but leaves the ominous production and brooding behind. ”Memories linger, sad yet sweet/And I think of the souls in heaven who we’ll meet,” he croaks, sounding optimistic and resigned. His voice is shot and the melody’s a bit maudlin, but Dylan remains an unmatched poet. We hope he doesn’t cross the green mountain anytime soon.
Cross the Green Mountain Dylan's song, ''Cross the Green Mountain'' for the Civil War pic ''Gods and Generals'' reflects on mortality, like 1997's ''Time Out of Mind,''...Cross the Green MountainRock Dylan's song, ''Cross the Green Mountain'' for the Civil War pic ''Gods and Generals'' reflects on mortality, like 1997's ''Time Out of Mind,''...2003-02-21
(Bob Dylan: AFP PHOTO/Hector MATA/NewsCom)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Bob Dylan; Producer (group): Sony Music
Posted February 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel