If Miles Davis had had the technology available to him back in the early ’70s, he might have made an album much like this canny and ambitious jazz-electronica hybrid. Douglas’ coup is the balance he strikes between arresting computer-driven musical manipulations and the warming beauty of acoustic instruments, including his own often lyrical trumpet. Somehow it all comes off as new as tomorrow, yet firmly in the tradition – no small accomplishment.
Freak In If Miles Davis had had the technology available to him back in the early '70s, he might have made an album much like this canny and ambitious jazz...Freak In If Miles Davis had had the technology available to him back in the early '70s, he might have made an album much like this canny and ambitious jazz...2003-02-21
Lead Performer: Dave Douglas; Producer (group): RCA
Posted February 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!