The sort of bad-romantic-comedy-of-the-week that looks virtually designed to be a guilty pleasure. Andie (Kate Hudson), a columnist for Composure magazine, decides that she’ll find some poor sucker to date, act so obnoxiously that he dumps her within 10 days, and then write a story that’s a catalog of all the things women do to drive men away. Meanwhile, the chump in question (Matthew McConaughey) has made a little bet of his own. Will Andie make him hate her before he makes her love him? Hudson, with her sunburst glow, can warm up the gawkiest of scenes, but How to Lose a Guy is a synthetic package designed to reduce love to just another consumer product.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Adam Goldberg, Shalom Harlow, Michael Michele, Bebe Neuwirth; Director: Donald Petrie; Author: Kristen Buckley, Brian Regan, Burr Steers; Producer (person): Christine Peters; Release Date Wide: 02/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kristen Stewart, James Franco, Helena Bonham Carter join 'JT LeRoy'
- In defense of Cuba Gooding Jr. as O.J. Simpson
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson': How the White Bronco chase was recreated
- 'Star Wars' meets 'Mario Kart' in 'Star Kart' fan video
- Courteney Cox sitcom 'Charity Case' lands pilot at Fox
- 'Frozen' holiday special to air on ABC in 2017
- Ben Stiller, Penélope Cruz strut on 'Zoolander 2' premiere's red-carpet runway