The sort of bad-romantic-comedy-of-the-week that looks virtually designed to be a guilty pleasure. Andie (Kate Hudson), a columnist for Composure magazine, decides that she’ll find some poor sucker to date, act so obnoxiously that he dumps her within 10 days, and then write a story that’s a catalog of all the things women do to drive men away. Meanwhile, the chump in question (Matthew McConaughey) has made a little bet of his own. Will Andie make him hate her before he makes her love him? Hudson, with her sunburst glow, can warm up the gawkiest of scenes, but How to Lose a Guy is a synthetic package designed to reduce love to just another consumer product.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Adam Goldberg, Shalom Harlow, Michael Michele, Bebe Neuwirth; Director: Donald Petrie; Author: Kristen Buckley, Brian Regan, Burr Steers; Producer (person): Christine Peters; Release Date Wide: 02/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Mummy': Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis pose for set photo
- 'Fast and Furious' cast congratulates Vin Diesel on Facebook milestone
- 'Teen Wolf' star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' Snapchat
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': Go inside the opening gala
- J.K. Rowling meets 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' cast in photo
- 'Fast and Furious 8': Dwayne Johnson dives for cover in new set video
- Kanye West on Apple's talks with Tidal: 'Let the kids have the music'