The sort of bad-romantic-comedy-of-the-week that looks virtually designed to be a guilty pleasure. Andie (Kate Hudson), a columnist for Composure magazine, decides that she’ll find some poor sucker to date, act so obnoxiously that he dumps her within 10 days, and then write a story that’s a catalog of all the things women do to drive men away. Meanwhile, the chump in question (Matthew McConaughey) has made a little bet of his own. Will Andie make him hate her before he makes her love him? Hudson, with her sunburst glow, can warm up the gawkiest of scenes, but How to Lose a Guy is a synthetic package designed to reduce love to just another consumer product.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Adam Goldberg, Shalom Harlow, Michael Michele, Bebe Neuwirth; Director: Donald Petrie; Author: Kristen Buckley, Brian Regan, Burr Steers; Producer (person): Christine Peters; Release Date Wide: 02/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Family Guy' mocks Donald Trump as 'dumb loudmouth' in Emmy mailer
- 'Fuller House' cast shares photos from first day back on set
- Andrew Garfield to star in crime thriller from 'It Follows' director
- 'NCIS': Try not to get emotional watching this goodbye clip for Tony DiNozzo
- Laverne Cox will sit down with Megyn Kelly for Fox special