Allegra Coleman is Hollywood’s latest It Girl. She’s the subject of New York journalist Clementine James’ final celebrity profile: ”I was supposed to be insightful. I was supposed to be a bit jaded too, though surprisingly impressed by this young star’s talent and presence.” Allegra mysteriously disappears while under Clem’s watch, and the public’s fascination soars. Meanwhile, a chorus of Hollywood flames long since extinguished – Gloria Swanson, Natalie Wood, and Marion Davies, to name a few – visit Clem and share their own rise-and-fall stories. Sherrill, a magazine writer with an old wad of celebrity profiles in her own back pocket, cleverly explores fame’s fizzy nature. Dishy and wise, her first novel gets bumped up half a grade for the 37-page filmography appendix that hits all the movies mentioned.
My Last Movie Star: A Novel of Hollywood Allegra Coleman is Hollywood's latest It Girl. She's the subject of New York journalist Clementine James' final celebrity profile: ''I was supposed to...My Last Movie Star: A Novel of HollywoodFictionMartha Sherrill Allegra Coleman is Hollywood's latest It Girl. She's the subject of New York journalist Clementine James' final celebrity profile: ''I was supposed to...2003-02-21
Genre: Fiction; Author: Martha Sherrill
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls'
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Star Trek' actress dies at 85
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!