Cartoons aren’t just for Saturday mornings. Now they’re also about stepping out on Saturday night. NYC’s 1 on g boutique sells Astro Boy tees, while Heatherette’s Hello Kitty Couture clothes and accessories have found fans in Christina Aguilera and the Hilton sisters. Helmut Lang featured Felix the Cat tops and a dress on the runway, and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac just slipped a Mickey (Mouse, that is) on summer frocks. Pink-haired cyberpixie Eyeko appears on Nina and Max Leykind’s eyebeauty.com products – popular with Kylie Minogue and Cameron Diaz. The Peanuts gang appears on day-of-the-week undies (doeworld.com). Cartoons ”look back to an age of innocence,” says Nina Leykind, ”and immediately conjure up a sense of nostalgia that people find comforting in uncertain times.” Talk about staying in ‘toon.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst on Rodney's big birthday drama
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Bradley Cooper, Sofia & Joe, Matthew Morrison and More!