Even though the audience can no longer drink alcohol and Disney jokes are verboten, producers of ABC’s ”Jimmy Kimmel Live” are bullish about the late-night chatfest. ”It’s compelling TV,” says exec producer (and ”Letterman” vet) Daniel Kellison. ”When a show sort of blows up, it’s totally fun to watch.” Which is why he seems willing to overlook a supposed boycott of ”Kimmel” by the other nets. Rumors persist that CBS, NBC, and Fox are keeping their stars away from Kimmel’s couch, but all the nets insist that’s not true. (Still, Fox star Bernie Mac was scheduled to appear, but then bailed at the last minute.) ”There are enough funny people out there,” claims Kellison, citing previous guests like Adrienne Barbeau and Christopher Lowell, as well as future guest cohost Don King. It’s hard to tell whether viewers agree; the program is drawing the same number of young adults as ”Politically Incorrect” did a year ago. But Kellison says he has the key to college kids’ hearts: He predicts that the show will be allowed to serve booze again to the audience – as early as next month. ”Of course, I haven’t talked to anybody at Disney about it,” he admits. As long as he doesn’t bring up Mickey’s rumored problem with Ripple, it should go over just fine.
(Jimmy Kimmel Live: Randy Tepper)
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Scandal' sneak peek: How far will Olivia go to take down Rowan?
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show
- 'iZombie' exclusive clip: Liv tries to get Clive to open up about his love life
- The Strain: First season 2 trailer declares war on vamps
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Snow White goes... evil?!
- 'Magic Mike XXL' drops 'Star Wars'-inspired poster
- 'Dancing with the Stars' celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the trio dance, fans, and double elimination
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!