Even though the audience can no longer drink alcohol and Disney jokes are verboten, producers of ABC’s ”Jimmy Kimmel Live” are bullish about the late-night chatfest. ”It’s compelling TV,” says exec producer (and ”Letterman” vet) Daniel Kellison. ”When a show sort of blows up, it’s totally fun to watch.” Which is why he seems willing to overlook a supposed boycott of ”Kimmel” by the other nets. Rumors persist that CBS, NBC, and Fox are keeping their stars away from Kimmel’s couch, but all the nets insist that’s not true. (Still, Fox star Bernie Mac was scheduled to appear, but then bailed at the last minute.) ”There are enough funny people out there,” claims Kellison, citing previous guests like Adrienne Barbeau and Christopher Lowell, as well as future guest cohost Don King. It’s hard to tell whether viewers agree; the program is drawing the same number of young adults as ”Politically Incorrect” did a year ago. But Kellison says he has the key to college kids’ hearts: He predicts that the show will be allowed to serve booze again to the audience – as early as next month. ”Of course, I haven’t talked to anybody at Disney about it,” he admits. As long as he doesn’t bring up Mickey’s rumored problem with Ripple, it should go over just fine.
(Jimmy Kimmel Live: Randy Tepper)
Posted February 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- 'UnREAL' vs 'Everlasting': New cast members recall their own confusion
- Box office report: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' snuffs 'Alice In Wonderland 2'
- Duncan Jones remembers showing dad David Bowie 'Warcraft'
- Dancing stormtroopers do 'Dirty Dancing' on 'Britain’s Got Talent'
- Jeremy Irons says 'Batman v Superman' was 'overstuffed'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers