Hunting is all about the beauty of nature and the thrill of the kill; Hunter is about neither. It is, however, a first-rate hiking simulator. The eight outdoor areas, from Alaskan mountains to Arizona deserts, are lovingly detailed. Even the late Bob Ross, PBS painter extraordinaire, would have been wowed by the happy trees and dancing clouds. Keep an eye peeled for a polar bear or white-tailed deer, but never mind the .30-06 in your rucksack. Shooting would only ruin this eco-friendly game.
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Why David Lynch's 'Eraserhead' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Celebrities pay tribute to late stand-up comedian Kevin Meaney
- Donald Glover's 'Star Wars' casting sparks lively Internet reactions
- GLSEN honors PEOPLE and EW Editorial Director Jess Cagle
- Stephen Colbert pitches 'Bad Hombres' for Donald Trump TV
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book