Hunting is all about the beauty of nature and the thrill of the kill; Hunter is about neither. It is, however, a first-rate hiking simulator. The eight outdoor areas, from Alaskan mountains to Arizona deserts, are lovingly detailed. Even the late Bob Ross, PBS painter extraordinaire, would have been wowed by the happy trees and dancing clouds. Keep an eye peeled for a polar bear or white-tailed deer, but never mind the .30-06 in your rucksack. Shooting would only ruin this eco-friendly game.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A