Hunting is all about the beauty of nature and the thrill of the kill; Hunter is about neither. It is, however, a first-rate hiking simulator. The eight outdoor areas, from Alaskan mountains to Arizona deserts, are lovingly detailed. Even the late Bob Ross, PBS painter extraordinaire, would have been wowed by the happy trees and dancing clouds. Keep an eye peeled for a polar bear or white-tailed deer, but never mind the .30-06 in your rucksack. Shooting would only ruin this eco-friendly game.
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!