Hunting is all about the beauty of nature and the thrill of the kill; Hunter is about neither. It is, however, a first-rate hiking simulator. The eight outdoor areas, from Alaskan mountains to Arizona deserts, are lovingly detailed. Even the late Bob Ross, PBS painter extraordinaire, would have been wowed by the happy trees and dancing clouds. Keep an eye peeled for a polar bear or white-tailed deer, but never mind the .30-06 in your rucksack. Shooting would only ruin this eco-friendly game.
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sleepy Hollow' trades Headless for a familiar face
- 'Spider-Man' writers say the new reboot won't be an origin story
- 'Rogue One' writer explains how he'd want to reboot 'Columbo'
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow says sequel could go global
- This week in 1995: Regrading the top 10 singles
- Creepoid made us a playlist paying tribute to the noisiest DJ night in Philadelphia
- FKA twigs makes Monday sexy with hot new track, 'Figure 8'