Gus Van Sant’s very slow, beautiful, and compelling movie about a couple of brash dudes, played by Matt Damon and Casey Affleck, who get lost in the stony pink grandeur of the California desert. Van Sant crafts their trek out of spectacular vistas and very little dialogue, teasing us with the prospect that the movie, too, is going to wander into oblivion. Gerry is on some level a stunt, but it has the sun-dazed pull of an authentic experience unfolding in real time. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Casey Affleck, Matt Damon; Director: Gus Van Sant; Author: Casey Affleck, Matt Damon, Gus Van Sant; Release Date Limited: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?