Gus Van Sant’s very slow, beautiful, and compelling movie about a couple of brash dudes, played by Matt Damon and Casey Affleck, who get lost in the stony pink grandeur of the California desert. Van Sant crafts their trek out of spectacular vistas and very little dialogue, teasing us with the prospect that the movie, too, is going to wander into oblivion. Gerry is on some level a stunt, but it has the sun-dazed pull of an authentic experience unfolding in real time. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Casey Affleck, Matt Damon; Director: Gus Van Sant; Author: Casey Affleck, Matt Damon, Gus Van Sant; Release Date Limited: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Meet Alison's future husband, Elliott Rollins
- See Ewan McGregor, Seal, and Gary Oldman perform David Bowie songs at tribute concert
- Mick Jagger helped Bobby Cannavale play a troubled exec on 'Vinyl'
- 10 most outrageous quotes from Mickey Rourke's Alec Baldwin interview
- Conan O'Brien mimics Cam Newton in 'Post-Joke Press Conference'
- Second City establishes Harold Ramis Film School in Chicago
- See the trailer and read an excerpt from Veronica Rossi's 'Riders' -- exclusive