Gus Van Sant’s very slow, beautiful, and compelling movie about a couple of brash dudes, played by Matt Damon and Casey Affleck, who get lost in the stony pink grandeur of the California desert. Van Sant crafts their trek out of spectacular vistas and very little dialogue, teasing us with the prospect that the movie, too, is going to wander into oblivion. Gerry is on some level a stunt, but it has the sun-dazed pull of an authentic experience unfolding in real time. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Casey Affleck, Matt Damon; Director: Gus Van Sant; Author: Casey Affleck, Matt Damon, Gus Van Sant; Release Date Limited: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!