It’s the unspoken tenet of reality-show beefcake: When the guys aren’t waxing poetic about overeager hotties or overcrowded hot tubs, they’re just plain waxing. From inaugural Real Worlder Eric Nies to The Bachelorette’s wax statuettes to The Osbournes’ image-conscious Ozzy (who recently shaved his torso on camera), smooth-chested alpha males prevail. Which is exactly why a proud Gillette-shunning hunk like myself is so taken with the piliferous pecs of Joe Millionaire’s Evan Marriott. Marriott brazenly flaunts his upper-body hair like a furry badge of pride, using a cross necklace and seemingly button-impaired shirts to draw attention to his chest’s perennial five o’clock shadow. It’s a look that recalls the king of bear-chestedness himself, Smokey and the Bandit’s Burt Reynolds – a reminder of a time when being macho meant being happily hirsute.
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'
- Benny Boom in talks to step in as director of Tupac biopic
- Andrew Lincoln tells you what is coming up next on 'The Walking Dead'