It’s the unspoken tenet of reality-show beefcake: When the guys aren’t waxing poetic about overeager hotties or overcrowded hot tubs, they’re just plain waxing. From inaugural Real Worlder Eric Nies to The Bachelorette’s wax statuettes to The Osbournes’ image-conscious Ozzy (who recently shaved his torso on camera), smooth-chested alpha males prevail. Which is exactly why a proud Gillette-shunning hunk like myself is so taken with the piliferous pecs of Joe Millionaire’s Evan Marriott. Marriott brazenly flaunts his upper-body hair like a furry badge of pride, using a cross necklace and seemingly button-impaired shirts to draw attention to his chest’s perennial five o’clock shadow. It’s a look that recalls the king of bear-chestedness himself, Smokey and the Bandit’s Burt Reynolds – a reminder of a time when being macho meant being happily hirsute.
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch