A lemon-acid French romantic thriller that mocks the Candy Land atmosphere of Amelie while feeding off its popularity. Audrey Tautou plays another sweet gamine in love with love, only this time she’s a delusional stalker fixated on a heart doctor (Samuel Le Bihan). The movie is slight and unsteady in its manipulation of psychological creepiness. But the star’s willingness to mess with her image may be considered a kind of valentine. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Foreign Language, Romance; Starring: Samuel Le Bihan, Audrey Tautou, Isabelle Carre, Clement Sibony; Director: Laetitia Colombani; Author: Laetitia Colombani, Caroline Thivel; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!