A lemon-acid French romantic thriller that mocks the Candy Land atmosphere of Amelie while feeding off its popularity. Audrey Tautou plays another sweet gamine in love with love, only this time she’s a delusional stalker fixated on a heart doctor (Samuel Le Bihan). The movie is slight and unsteady in its manipulation of psychological creepiness. But the star’s willingness to mess with her image may be considered a kind of valentine. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Foreign Language, Romance; Starring: Samuel Le Bihan, Audrey Tautou, Isabelle Carre, Clement Sibony; Director: Laetitia Colombani; Author: Laetitia Colombani, Caroline Thivel; Release Date Limited: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters