A lemon-acid French romantic thriller that mocks the Candy Land atmosphere of Amelie while feeding off its popularity. Audrey Tautou plays another sweet gamine in love with love, only this time she’s a delusional stalker fixated on a heart doctor (Samuel Le Bihan). The movie is slight and unsteady in its manipulation of psychological creepiness. But the star’s willingness to mess with her image may be considered a kind of valentine. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Foreign Language, Romance; Starring: Samuel Le Bihan, Audrey Tautou, Isabelle Carre, Clement Sibony; Director: Laetitia Colombani; Author: Laetitia Colombani, Caroline Thivel; Release Date Limited: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- T.I. apologizes for saying a woman can't be president
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- Keegan-Michael Key and Ray Liotta to guest-star on 'Modern Family'
- Shock Treatment: Match the surprising plots with the twists
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now