A lemon-acid French romantic thriller that mocks the Candy Land atmosphere of Amelie while feeding off its popularity. Audrey Tautou plays another sweet gamine in love with love, only this time she’s a delusional stalker fixated on a heart doctor (Samuel Le Bihan). The movie is slight and unsteady in its manipulation of psychological creepiness. But the star’s willingness to mess with her image may be considered a kind of valentine. (#696/697, Feb. 21)
Genre: Foreign Language, Romance; Starring: Samuel Le Bihan, Audrey Tautou, Isabelle Carre, Clement Sibony; Director: Laetitia Colombani; Author: Laetitia Colombani, Caroline Thivel; Release Date Limited: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy's EW blog: Pro gives advice to those still in the game
- Seth Rogen, more to dine on 'Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party'
- Kevin Curran, Emmy-winning 'Simpsons' producers, dies at 59
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- Honest Trailers takes on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' wins 2016 Man Booker Prize for fiction
- 'Saturday Night Live' election special to recap contentious campaign
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop