Four junior wiseguys trying to prove themselves set out for cowpoke country to retrieve a big bag of misplaced money. Can’t you just picture the sleeping-with-the-fishes-out-of-water yuks? Surprise: ”Knockaround Guys” plays the premise straight, toying with familiar Mob themes of honor and betrayal while coming to a very slow boil. What keeps it (barely) watchable are Pepper’s moody intensity as the conflicted son of the big boss (Dennis Hopper), Diesel’s brawny cool as a low-level enforcer, and John Malkovich’s glazed hamminess as an old-school Brooklyn mobster. Whenever he’s on screen, the movie is sorta funny.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Andrew Davoli, Vin Diesel, Seth Green, Barry Pepper, Dennis Hopper, John Malkovich, Tom Noonan; Director: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Author: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See 'Game of Thrones' fans visit filming locations around the world
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!