It’s hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you’re also Elvis’ only kid? No wonder it’s taken Presley years to get her first single out of the gate. But she shouldn’t have worried. Yes, she sounds like her father. But there are also hints of Sheryl Crow and Cher. ”Lights Out” is a country-rock ode to Presley’s Graceland heritage (”Memphis, that’s where my family’s buried and gone…in the damn back lawn”). Bluesy and bittersweet, it’s good enough to make Daddy proud.
Lights OutIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...Lights OutCountryIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...2003-02-28
(Lisa Marie Presley: James White)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lisa Marie Presley; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!