It’s hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you’re also Elvis’ only kid? No wonder it’s taken Presley years to get her first single out of the gate. But she shouldn’t have worried. Yes, she sounds like her father. But there are also hints of Sheryl Crow and Cher. ”Lights Out” is a country-rock ode to Presley’s Graceland heritage (”Memphis, that’s where my family’s buried and gone…in the damn back lawn”). Bluesy and bittersweet, it’s good enough to make Daddy proud.
Lights OutIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...Lights OutCountryIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...2003-02-28
(Lisa Marie Presley: James White)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lisa Marie Presley; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!