It’s hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you’re also Elvis’ only kid? No wonder it’s taken Presley years to get her first single out of the gate. But she shouldn’t have worried. Yes, she sounds like her father. But there are also hints of Sheryl Crow and Cher. ”Lights Out” is a country-rock ode to Presley’s Graceland heritage (”Memphis, that’s where my family’s buried and gone…in the damn back lawn”). Bluesy and bittersweet, it’s good enough to make Daddy proud.
Lights OutIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...Lights OutCountryIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...2003-02-28
(Lisa Marie Presley: James White)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lisa Marie Presley; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!