It’s hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you’re also Elvis’ only kid? No wonder it’s taken Presley years to get her first single out of the gate. But she shouldn’t have worried. Yes, she sounds like her father. But there are also hints of Sheryl Crow and Cher. ”Lights Out” is a country-rock ode to Presley’s Graceland heritage (”Memphis, that’s where my family’s buried and gone…in the damn back lawn”). Bluesy and bittersweet, it’s good enough to make Daddy proud.
Lights OutIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...Lights OutCountryIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...2003-02-28
(Lisa Marie Presley: James White)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lisa Marie Presley; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...