It’s hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you’re also Elvis’ only kid? No wonder it’s taken Presley years to get her first single out of the gate. But she shouldn’t have worried. Yes, she sounds like her father. But there are also hints of Sheryl Crow and Cher. ”Lights Out” is a country-rock ode to Presley’s Graceland heritage (”Memphis, that’s where my family’s buried and gone…in the damn back lawn”). Bluesy and bittersweet, it’s good enough to make Daddy proud.
Lights OutIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...Lights OutCountryIt's hard enough being an aspiring singer-songwriter. But what if you're also Elvis' only kid? No wonder it's taken Presley years to get her first single...2003-02-28
(Lisa Marie Presley: James White)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lisa Marie Presley; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!