A slimy record exec (”Oz’s” Winters in a one-note role) wrongfully accuses his wide-eyed 17-year-old snipe (for the hip-hop unhip, snipes are record-company lackeys who poster cities with album hype) of plotting to kidnap the label’s rap star (bandageless rapper Nelly) and holding the master recordings for ransom. Instead of just coming clean, innocent Erik (”Smallville’s” Sam Jones III) breaks free of logical plot restraints, confessing, escaping, and attempting to rescue the tapes himself. Director-cowriter Rich Murray sharply lenses his feature debut, but leaves his ripped-from-the headlines plot full of fatal holes.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Sam Jones, Rashaan Nall, Nelly, Zoe Saldana, Schoolly D, J.D. Williams, Dean Winters; Director: Rich Murray; Author: Rich Murray, Rob Wiser; Status: In Season
Posted February 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters